AZURE HILL WINERY
A small farm winery, located on the Westside of Keuka Lake, in the Finger Lakes Region of New York. Joe Sheehy, Winemaker/manager, each year allows grapes lead him to the final product. Leslie Knipe, President, has a background is in media and graphic design. A highly motivated, husband and wife team, they began this venture in 2006 after much research in choosing the site, planted a few acres of Riesling Vines. The first vintages were released in 2010. Both the 2014 Riesling (semi to dry) and the Brut Sparkling Riesling are grown, handpicked, and bottled at the Azure Hill Winery. The grapes for the 2013 Sweet Riesling were purchased from Seneca Lake, NY and bottled on site. A small, block of Zweigelt, a cold hearty red varietal, were planted on the property near Gallagher road and we are looking forward to creating a small batch this year.
Azure Hill Riesling - 2014Handcrafted from estate grown Riesling, this wine is well balanced with beautiful fruit and refreshing acidity. Enjoy this dry to semi-dry white wine on its own or with a variety of cuisines. The 2014 Riesling was produced and grown on site.
Azure Hill Riesling - 2013Crisp, delicate, smooth, with a hint of stone fruits, excellent with seafood, poultry or as a wine to sip on a nice day. The 2013 Riesling was produced and grown on site.
Azure Hill Sweet Riesling - 2013Smooth, nice fruit, it is the sweetest Rieslings released. This wine shows nice apricot and peach — nose and palette. Produced and bottled at Azure Hill, from Riesling grapes grown on the hillside of Seneca Lake, NY in 2013.
Azure Hill Sparkling Brut RieslingDry, crisp, with delicate bubbles and a hint of tropical fruit. Produced from the youngest vines at Azure Hill Winery, Methode champenoise; limited release.
Azure Hill Riesling - 2012Winner of a silver medal - Grand Harvest Awards competition 2013 and a bronze medal. 2013 New York State Fair Commercial Wine Competition. Crisp, with a light acidity, and a hint of sweetness, perfect with a wide range of foods or by itself, with white chocolate, it is outstanding. (Limited quantities available)
Azure Hill Sweet Riesling - 2012 Smooth, nice fruit, enjoy it with sushi, white meat and spicy cuisine (Limited quantities available).
Azure Hill Wines available for purchase at the winery and these locations:
- Stew Leonard's Wines, Farmingdale, Carle Place, Yonkers
- Lloyd's Limited A Pub, 3 Main Street, Penn Yan, NY 14527, (315) 519-9029. Visit Lloyd's Ltd.com!
- The Lakeside Restaurant & Tavern, 13780 West Lake Road, Hammondsport, NY, (607) 868-3636. Visit Lakeside Restaurant.com!
- Village Inn & Tavern Inn, 30 Mechanic Street, Hammondsport, NY, (607) 569-2528 . Visit Village Tavern Inn.com!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit Stew Leonard's Wines of Farmingdale, LI, NY (631) 249-3611; Carle Place, LI, NY (516) 742-2588; Yonkers, NY (914) 375-4700.
- For Wine tastings at the winery, by appointment only in small groups, at 8716 Gallagher Rd., Hammondsport, NY. The White ranch house on the right with the two barrels out front (sign pending) Visitors must be 21 and over. No buses or pets. If you have special needs please let us know at the time of your call. Call us at: (607) 868-5702, for more information. Mailing address: P.O. Box 377, Hammondsport, NY 14840. Visit us on facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.